Board of Directors
Headwaters District is governed by an eight-member Board of Directors, six elected in the general election and two appointed, (one at-large and one appointed by the Virginia Cooperative Extension.)
- Richard Shiflet – Appointed (Chairman)
- Otis Bilkins – Elected, Augusta County (Vice-Chairman)
- Wendy Turley – Elected, Staunton (Treasurer)
- Joseph Easterling -Elected, Staunton
- Robert Drumheller – Elected, Augusta County
- Darren Hemp – Elected, Waynesboro
- DuBose Egleston, Jr. – Elected, Waynesboro (Secretary)
- Matt Booher – Appointed, Virginia Cooperative Extension
Appointed by the Board are Associate Directors, respected in their fields of natural resources, education or business.
- Jim Nichols
- Jim Boland
- Urbie Nash
- Ian Heatwole
- Charles Huppuch
- Charles Horn
- Jeff Slaven
- Leo Tammi
- Steve Talley
- Judy Burtner
- Charles Schooley
Directors and Associate Directors serve the District as volunteers.
The public is invited to monthly Board meetings which are held every third Tuesday @10:00 AM, Augusta County Government Center, Verona.