Welcome to Headwaters
Soil and Water Conservation District
Upcoming Meetings & Notices
- PUBLIC NOTICE – Election of Soil and Water Conservation District Directors HERE
- The Board of Directors Meetings for 2023 will be held in the Augusta County Government Center at 10am and are open to the public.
- Finance Committee will have a meeting on Friday, June 9th at 9 am at the Augusta County Government Center, West Room.
- Read the HWSWCD 2021-2022 Annual Report HERE
- Read the Spring 2023 issue of our E-Newsletter HERE
How We Can Help You
Our Impact: 2021-2022
The Headwaters SWCD is one of 47 Soil and Water Districts in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Cooperation between related agencies, including sharing technical expertise, enables the Headwaters District to assist the community in protecting its natural resources. Below is how Headwaters SWCD and the Augusta County community has protected our natural resources.
8,579 acres of cover crops planted.
19.74 miles of streams excluded.
286.89 acres of cropland converted.
166.16 acres of buffer created.
5,518.7 tons of animal waste treated.
13.8 acres of trees planted.
2022 Clean Farm and River Award Winners
Shenandoah Basin: North Pointe Farm, Inc.
James River Basin: Rittenhouse Beef Cattle, LLC